For those of you still checking out this site, we will be archiving and taking it down at the end of July. If you need anything or have any other questions before we do so, please ask on our Facebook page.
Thanks for being with us through this experience!
All right, all you Trekkers, the video that was presented at the fireside is now available. We have made it available in three formats, tablet, mobile phone, and a high quality version you can burn to a DVD. We hope you enjoy it!
(Edit: the shared links for the downloads have been removed for now until we can find a way to share them without incurring huge fees for bandwidth. More to come.)
Medical Committee chair David Stefl has prepared a slide deck outlining training for the medical committee. It is full of useful information to help with possible medical issues while we Trek. See the attached PDF file and be sure to do all you can to take care of yourself before, during, and after Trek.
Medical Committee Training
This is it! Only a few weeks to go until you get to participate in one of the greatest experiences you’ll ever have. Are you ready? Here are your goals for June:
- Attend the Trek temple walk
- Increase your hydration regimen to drinking 8-10 8oz. glasses of water per day
- Walk 2-3 miles two times a week and 4-6 miles two times a week. After 15 June, taper your walking down and no walking after 21 June
- Gather your clothing and personal supplies
- Participate in a Pioneer Fashion Show
- Record in your journal your feelings about the pioneers/handcart companies and the things you have learned as you have prepared for Trek